Computer Science and Engineering
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)isestablished in the year 2001with a sanctioned intake of 60 after two years of the establishment of the institute. The post graduate course in Computer Science and Engineering isstarted with an intake of 18 in the academic year 2011-2012 which has obtained a good response from the students in the last three academic year.
The department has a good combination of experienced and young facultieswhich works as a team to strengthen the department. The department has adequate PG faculty approved by Shivaji University. Almost all faculty members have published papers in journals/conferences. The department has goal to get an approval as Ph.D. and research center. The department is equipped with good infrastructure which consists of class rooms with multimedia facility, well developed laboratories with state-of-the–art equipments, learning softwares and departmental library etc.Over the years the department has developed well equipped laboratories and other facilities. As on date nine batches have graduated. Department is proud of the achievements and the results given by final year students. Many of the alumni are at the top positions in the variousorganizations in private and public sectors. Department has organized the state level short term training Programme(STTP) approved by ISTE for the faculties on
- Network Security and Simulation in 2009-10
- Technology trends in Grid Computing in 2010 -11
- Training Programme on Information Storage and Management, Sponsored by EMC2, New Delhi in 2010-11
- Data warehousing &Data mining in 2011-12.
Also, department has organized following conferences
The students association "CESA" (Computer Engineering Students Association), which was established in 2002, motivates students for co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. Every year department organizes an annual technical event "Synergy" for students.Under CESA council, department publishes an annual magazine, "CESA DIGEST".
CESA has organized following state level workshops during last two years.
- A National Conference on "Advances in Recent Trends in Computing-ARTCOM-2010" in 2009-2010
- AICTE Sponsored seminar on "Biological Aging: A data Mining Approach" in 2012-13
To enhance the skill sets of students and increase their employability, department has made an agreement with "Microsoft IT Academy"Delhi, for four years to train students on Microsoft technologies.
The department has consistently good results. Over the years, 13 students have secured different positions in university rank list. The institute encourages such students by awarding cash prizes as a token of appreciation. The department is proud of Ms. Aditi Bhosale and Ms. Amruta Awati who secured first rank in the university in the academic year 2007-2008 and 2009-10 respectively. Students are also performing well in extracurricular and co-curricular activities like paper presentation, project competition, personality contest, sports and annual gathering etc.
- State level workshop for students on "Android Technology and Mobile Computing" in 2011-12.
- State level workshop on "Advanced Android Application Development" in 2012-13
Following are strengths and improvement scope identified by the department:
Scope for improvement :
- Consistency in good university results.
- Excellent infrastructure and well equipped laboratories
- Combination of an experienced and young enthusiastic human resources.
- Implementing outcome based teaching-learning process.
- Active participation in curricular and extracurricular activities by students
Following are short term and long term goals of the department:
Short Term Goals:
- Less R & D and Consultancy work in past years.
- Lacking in Intellectual Property rights.
- Insufficient scope for regular syllabus up-gradation due to university affiliated status of the institute.
Long Term Goals:
- Improving in students ' placement.
- Encouraging faculty for Ph. D. / research work.
- Providing guidance to students for appearing competitive examinations viz GATE, TOFEL, GRE.
- Providing training to non-teaching staff of the department.
- Emphasizing in Institute – Industry Liaison.
- Undertaking UG / PG I ndustry sponsored projects.
- Undertaking consultancy activity for internal revenue generation.
- Implementation of project based learning.
- Establishing center of excellence in the area ofcomputer science and engineering.
To impart quality education in Computer Science and Engineering to the major mass of rural students to transform them so as to fit into global competition of employment and citizenry and act as a center of excellence in research and development.
We at Department of Computer Science and Engineering are committed to provide quality education and state-of-art facility to students, in-order to cultivate and nurture knowledge of computer science and engineering for their first step towards global citizenship.