Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Graduates of Civil Engineering Program at ADCET, Ashta should be able to utilize the knowledge gained from their academic program to:
- Solve problems in a modern technological society using fundamental understanding and skill level of mathematics, science, Civil Engineering and its relevant areas.
- Demonstrate an understanding in adequate detail about selected specific areas of Civil Engineering as a critical step in career development.
- Function and communicate effectively, both individually and with multidisciplinary teams, using professional ethics and social awareness.
- Engage in lifelong learning, which may include postgraduate education, for successful adaptation to technological and cultural changes and foster adept functioning in society.
Program Outcomes (POs):
Students of Civil Engineering program at ADCET, Ashta by the time of graduation will demonstrate:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering,
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data,
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability,
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams,
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve Civil Engineering problems,
- An ability to communicate effectively,
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context,
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning,
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An understanding of best practices, standards and their application.
- An understanding of critical issues for professional practice such as the procurement of work and interaction with contractors during the construction